Autopsy results revealed that the 57-year-old died from an accidental overdose of fentanyl - a drug 50 times more powerful than heroin. Dated between April and September 2016, these documents were part of the investigation into how and where Prince obtained a fatal dosage of fentanyl.
Some of the pills seized at Prince's home were mislabeled as hydrocodone when they were really the opioid fentanyl, the strongest painkiller on the market.
Other bottles of pills were marked under the name of his friend Kirk Johnson.
They do not reveal answers, but do shed light on Prince's struggle with addiction in the days before he died. Among the unanswered questions haunting those who loved and admired him: Who supplied Prince with the painkiller that killed him?
According to search warrants unsealed Monday, authorities searched Paisley Park, cellphone records of Prince's associates, and Prince's emails to try to determine where he got the fentanyl that killed him.
Russian Federation casts 8th veto to block condemnation of Assad regime gas attack
But he said Wednesday the USA doesn't have "firm information" to show that Russian forces were involved in the gas attack. In Moscow, Secretary Tillerson again criticized Russia's intervention in Ukraine, which triggered Western sanctions.
According to a search warrant issued on April 21 previous year - the day Prince was found dead - investigators found several pills labeled "Watson 853".
Schulenberg also told investigators that on April 15, he had prescribed Prince oxycodone, also in Johnson's name.
One court document says Dr Michael Todd Schulenberg, who saw Prince on April 7, 2016, and again on April 20, admitted to authorities that he prescribed oxycodone for Prince the same day as the emergency plane landing "but put the prescription in Kirk Johnson's name for Prince's privacy".
The star of music legend Prince, painted on the outside wall of First Avenue, featured in the film Purple Rain, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, two days after his death on April 21, 2016.
Throughout Prince's residence, including in the laundry room and in Prince's bedroom, investigators discovered controlled substances that "were not contained in typical prescription pill bottles but rather, were stored in various other containers such as vitamin bottles", according to the documents.
Misogyny certainly contributed to electoral loss, says Hillary Clinton
But her remarks on the election, and the role gender discrimination played in it, made headlines. This is a women's empowerment conference.
Just six days earlier, he fell ill on a plane and had to be revived with two doses of a drug that reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.
Schulenberg's attorney, Amy Conners, said in a statement that Schulenberg never prescribed opioids to Prince directly nor to another person with the intent of giving them to the singer. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.
The specialist, Dr. Howard Kornfeld, couldn't get there immediately so he sent his son, Andrew Kornfeld, on an overnight flight to Minnesota. Andrew Kornfeld was carrying buprenorphine, a medication that can be used to help treat opioid addiction. The suitcase had a tag on it bearing the name "Peter Bravestrong", which investigators say could be an alias for Prince. The detective wrote that Prince didn't have a regular doctor, and instead saw various doctors arranged by his managers who would give him B12 injections before performances.
Joe Tamburino is not associated with the Prince case. The official who spoke to the AP said the case has taken investigators to IL and California, as authorities have interviewed friends, family and any potential witnesses, including the flight crew and hospital staff that were present when Prince overdosed on the plane.
John Geils Jr, founder of J Geils Band, dies at 71
One of their most successful singles was the song " Centerfold " from the album " Freeze Frame ", which was released in 1981. The 71-year-old was found unresponsive and he was declared dead at the scene.